I’m excited to announce that Artistic Adventures Abroad is offering a unique opportunity to attend a workshop in the beautiful Tuscan hillside town of Cortona, Italy. This retreat will be a week dedicated to creating art, journal writing, personal reflection and, of course, outstanding food and wine! By spending a full 7 nights in one city, you will get to know Cortona personally.
Cortona is where “Under the Tuscan Sun,” was set and where the author, Frances Mayes still lives. The author described it best when she said, “I think I went to Italy initially for the art, architecture, food and history, but I stayed there because of the people in Cortona.” It is a special place I discovered when I spent a summer there at a University Studies Abroad program and it’s brand new each time I go back. It’s a wonderful opportunity to stay there for a week and really get to know this very special village and its inhabitants.
We are staying at a beautiful property mere steps away from Cortona with breathtaking views of the Valdichiana valley below. This is a double occupancy trip for women only (each king bed can be made into two twins). Some of the bathrooms are ensuite, and others are shared. So think about who you would like to partner up with for this incredible experience and make plans to join us next June 8-15, 2019! There are only 10 spaces!
A brief itinerary:
- You will be picked up at the Rome airport and delivered to beautiful accommodations amidst the olive trees and breathtaking views of the valley below, yet steps away to Cortona
- Cocktail party and dinner followed by the famous annual Archidaldo Joust wedding ceremony in town
- Plein air painting experiences taught by Rachael McCampbell along with daily journaling and circle time to share creative experiences
- Driven to Siena where a guide will enlighten us about the famous art of that area
- Guided tour of Cortona
- Wine tasting and dinners by a Tuscan chef in the villa and local restaurants in Cortona
- Trekking through the steep hills of Cortona for breathtaking views
- Breakfast and dinners and some lunches provided
- Return transportation to Rome’s airport
Before or after our week in Cortona, I recommend that you take the opportunity to travel in Tuscany as there are so many incredible villages and ancient towns nearby. Note: Itinerary subject to change.
For $600 you can hold your spot for this amazing trip and experience. Please contact me directly. For more images of the property read on: