Come Paint in the Smoky Mountains June 7-14, 2022
Join me for seven amazing nights at an historic inn in East TN near Gatlinburg for a a week of painting in gorgeous locales, eating great food and meeting fabulous artists. This is an ideal trip for artists who really want to paint their hearts out and be in an inspiring and relaxing setting with other creative folks to learn more about your craft and make friends for a lifetime.
Paint Plein Air,
Stay in a Charming, Historic Inn,
Dine in Luxury,
Relax in a Gorgeous Location
and Make New Friends!
- Come paint the Smoky Mountains or
- Bring your rubber boots, stand in a rushing mountain creek and paint a gorgeous, covered bridge or
- Paint on land — capture an old barn, cabin or structure or
- Try your hand at beehives amidst a field of wildflowers with a stunning view of Mt. LeConte
- If roaring mountain streams with rocks and trees are your ideal subject matter, we have them large and small or
- Perhaps you want to paint an elegant pair of swans who grace the Inn’s peaceful pond — it’s there for you
- There are plenty of beautiful details to paint too like the indigenous Rhododendron and Mountain Laurels which bloom on the grounds
- THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE ON THIS PAINTING TRIP! SEE MORE INFO WITH PHOTOS BELOW!
Your afternoons are free to see the Park or to tour the many artisan studios that abound in the Gatlinburg area. We will then gather for a three-course dinner followed by some circle time to discuss our process as artists and to share our work from the day.
This trip is from Tuesday to Tuesday (7 nights) with all meals paid except for Friday’s lunch and dinner. Friday will be a FREE day to allow those who want to go to the Park to do so. This is a day for everyone to do as they wish. Only breakfast is included on this day. Neither transportation nor alcohol is included in this week long trip. All instruction, rooms and most meals are included.
Enjoy seven glorious nights in the oldest Inn operating in East Tennessee with breathtaking mountain views. The minute you enter the grounds, you step into a slower-paced Southern homestead where a sense of tranquility prevails. This historic Inn is rich with charm as the bedrooms are beautifully furnished with antiques, artwork and English chintz.
The cottages all have fireplaces, king beds and jacuzzi tubs. Sitting on 25 acres, there are plenty of nature trails and a pond to explore. Take in all the local flora and fauna. There’s even a labyrinth that adds a soulful touch to an already spiritual walk amongst the grounds.
Feel the stresses of your life melt away as you sit in a large rocking chair on the porch watching the hawks soar over the trees as the sun rises and sets over the Smoky Mountains. In June, the fireflies will be at their best, providing a magical light show to the soundtrack of cicadas and tree frogs.
Most rooms are private with king beds. Some rooms can be shared with a sofa bed. Husbands and partners are welcome for an additional cost.
When information about this trip was posted on Facebook, several spots immediately filled. I have several rooms left as of now, so don’t hesitate to get more information ASAP!